Monday, October 6, 2008

Sarah Palin

For those who watched the VP debate on Thursday, I think you know what I'm about to say here. Sarah Palin is a complete moron. She's not merely anti-intellectual, she's dangerously ignorant. She's an expert on one topic: Talkin' to the 'mericun people. Oh, and appointing high school friends to powerful positions in government.

I don't get this "They speak my language" therefore I trust them. Total BS. You want the smartest guy in the world in that chair, not the guy who sounds like your beer buddy. Give me a break. I want my President to be 10 times smarter than me. 100 times. Even if they're hard to relate to. I want the Cognac drinking president, not the keg stand & beer bong president. I've had enough of dumb/evil. I want smart/good.

So imagine this: John McCain is already really old. John McCain, if elected will die in office. (Longshot now, thanks partly to Palin but mostly due to: John McCain). Every day as president of the world equals about 2.5 days for everyone else. It prematurly ages you. So start old, end dead. If Sarah were to take over? How about the most close-minded world view ever - in charge of the world? Didn't we just have one dumbass, g-droppin', anti-science, history hating, evangelical train-wreck of a president for 8 years? And we very nearly didn't survive it. We won't even know all of the effects for years - maybe we won't survive it. But if we get one more of these dangerously dumb presidents? Palin = the end of America.

So fun then is the latest SNL parody of Palin. Tina Fey nails it again. And in making fun of Palin, points out how ridiculous it is that someone like this might actually be in a position of great power. Tina Fey as Sarah Palin is funny. Sarah Palin as Sarah Palin is America's next national disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Look at you, reading our blog!
We like comments....