Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Finally, a reprieve!

Thankfully, the porch project is officially on hold until we:

  1. Have enough money to pay cash for the next round of construction materials (decking and siding - very spendy)
  2. Winter is wrapping up and it's not raining every day
  3. Feel like working on it again.
I'm very happy to have this behind me for awhile. This weekend, for example, instead of getting up with a sense of dread and impending crankiness, I got up and put Christmas lights on the boat for the Queen City Yacht Club lighted ships parade. Much more fun.

We got the stairs and walls in. Oh, and when I say we, I mean me. Concrete foundation, framing, everything me. Ginger helped with stair stringers. The stairs are temporary until we decide on what decking material we're using. Also, still haven't moved the big rock into place as the first "step", though the neighbors are impressed with its sheer size. It weighs 2,607 lbs. Waiting on a friend and a track hoe. Neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Look at you, reading our blog!
We like comments....